CIDAN FS SERIES POWER FOLDER
ProLink Control System
Our ProLink software offers easy and local programming, helping you add more functionality to your metal forming production. Take your programming to the next level with the convenience and efficiency of automation.
Advantages of the ProLink Control System
- Automatic folding and collision detection
- 18.5″ touchscreen
- Machine to profile interfacing
- Remote offline programming
- Adjustable and flexible touch screen
Quick change tooling and adjustable crowning
Crowning is an important feature to make a perfectly folded part which is why all CIDAN power folders are equipped with adjustable crowning. Whether the material is thick or thin, short or long, soft or hard, needs to be folded in the middle or the side of the machine, the results are always straight and precise. The K15 is equipped with manually adjusted crowning, however, other CIDAN folders are equipped with automatic crowning.
Advantages of quick change tooling and adjustable crowning
- Exact bends with high accuracy
- Precise folding radius
CIDAN XSPACE gives you far greater freedom to design and fold your profiles. XSPACE is the folding beam with an indented angle below the folding point giving you extra space around the tools. You can now easily make profiles that were previously difficult or impossible to fold and without risk of collisions. The 15 mm extra space below the folding beam rail allows you to fold trapezoid profiles, z-profiles and hat profiles. There is no need to “force” the material into the machine, ergonomics are improved and safety increased. (Read more under Options.)
The CIDAN FS Series metal folding machine is easy to program, fast to run, and folds flawlessly. Built in a sturdy, all-welded construction, the FS Series metal folder is made for continuous running under the most demanding conditions. If you’re looking for a reliable machine adapted for folding all types of thinner materials, look no further than the FS Series.
CIDAN FS SERIES METAL FOLDER
The eccentric is finely-tuned to minimize wear and maximize the transfer of momentum. This results in best-possible clamping pressure and eliminates lag time in the process – saving power, time, and money.
- Crowning adjustment as standard always gives the perfect folding result and fastest setup for thicker material as well as radius work
- Two folding beam rails with 3 widths of 7/10 mm (0.28″/0.39″) and 20 mm (0.79″) as standard
- Prolink W control with 18.5” touch screen and graphics programming
- Solid lower beam to eliminate dimples when hemming aluminum, zinc or copper
- Backgauge with two rows of gauging fingers has multiple gauge stops that will all drop down when needing to rotate the part on the back gauge table
- Automatic material adjustment via the Prolink W control
|Model||Folding Length||Folding Capacity||Machine Dimensions||Weight|
|” (mm)||Mild Steel
|FS26||102″ (2,600mm)||13 ga (2.5mm)||16 ga (1.6mm)||0.146″ (3.7mm)||144″ (3,658mm)||42″ (1,055mm)||78″ (1,970mm)||6,503 lbs (2,950kg)|
|FS32||126″ (3,200mm)||14 ga (2mm)||18 ga (1.2mm)||0.125″ (3mm)||168″ (4,258mm)||42″ (1,055mm)||78″ (1,970mm)||7,840 lbs (3,393kg)|
|FS41||161″ (4,100mm)||14 ga (2mm)||18 ga (1.2mm)||0.125″ (3mm)||203″(5,158mm)||42″ (1,055mm)||78″ (1,970mm)||9,038 lbs (4,100kg)|
- ProLink control, with touch screen and graphic programming
- 40″ backgauge with 3 rows of 14 gauging fingers
- Folding beam rails .275″ (7mm), .396″(10mm) and .787″ (20mm) equiped with bayonet quick change tooling
- Tooling is made from 42CrMo4 steel, and coated with black oxide to prevent rust
- Adjustable crowning of folding beam rail
- Material thickness sensing on clamping beam
- Eccentric clamping beam drive
- Speed optimization-when folding beam comes down to 80 degrees, upper beam starts to come up
- Solid lower beam, so when hemming you will not leave dimples on the part
- 2 year parts and labor warranty
CIDAN XSPACE gives you far greater freedom to design and fold your profiles. XSPACE is the folding beam with an indented angle below the folding point giving you extra space around the tools. You can now easily make profiles that were previously difficult or impossible to fold and without risk of collisions. The 15 mm extra space below the folding beam rail allows you to fold trapezoid profiles, z-profiles and hat profiles. There is no need to “force” the material into the machine, ergonomics are improved and safety increased. You get higher precision with no effort. All the machine’s features function as normal. The XSPACE-beam is of course equipped with crowning for zero angle deviations for long profiles. All machines in the FX-serie can be equipped with XSPACE and there are three different folding beam rails: 10, 12 and 25 mm. Enjoy greater freedom with extra space around the folding beam, XSPACE gives you all the space you need.
Hardened standard tooling for 100% stainless application (HRC 45).
With the offline-software option on PROLINK W, programming can be completed in the office away from the machine.
Ball casters on the back gauge assist with the positioning of larger, heavier parts and reduce the risk of scratching the material.
Allows the operator to move the foot pedal quickly and smoothly along the folding area. Appropriate when folding is done with several folding stations. Especially recommended if the machine is equipped with Multifold. This option is considered a great safety feature when bolted to the floor. When operator engages foot pedal, they are away from the upcoming folding beam.
Turnable, solid front fingers in spring steel on back gauge.
Extra foot switch available for rear operation.
We offer numerous folding beam widths of from .393″ (10mm) to .787″ (20mm).
Custom tooling is available for applications requiring large radius work, more workspace clearance, etc.
CIDAN FLEXIBLE is our new back gauge that is now available with angled gauge positioning for conical bending, XTAP. With a back gauge fitted with XTAP gauge, positions can be set automatically using the ProLink control system – perfect for fast and efficient production of cappings and other details without parallel sides or for profiles with easy and optimal overlap and no trimming. Just enter your values in the ProLink control system and your profiles will have perfect angles and results totally automatically! Faster, smarter and what is more, with higher quality all included!